Registering your domain with a domain registration company is the first step in the right direction. It can be an exceptionally lengthy process, especially if the domain name of your choice has already been snagged by someone else. However, if you have been successful in reclaiming that coveted name, the following steps get more complex from here.
Once you have successfully registered your domain name with a domain registration company, make sure that you follow the naming convention for every other marketing material you have. Your social media and any other online presence should be the same as your domain name. This also holds true for your email address.
Why confuse your prospective customers by giving them your multiple names? When you are out to build a brand name for yourself, the key to succeed is by keeping everything consistent.
The best way to keep your prospects informed is by collecting email IDs of your target audience and send them regular communication, such as newsletters or ads. This is the quickest way to keep your prospective customers in the loop and maintain a reliable contact.
Registering your domain is just the beginning of a very long journey. Once that is out of the way, you need to work on other steps to help your business get off the ground. Here are some of the tips on what to do after your domain has been registered.
- Register Your Business Name:This step is essential if your website will be used for business purposes. If not, then you can skip this step and move on to the next ones.
- Match your Domain Name with Email ID: email@example.com is the simplest and the easiest way to build a consistent communication channel with regards to your website name. Email is the first form of business communication. Hence, it should be in sync with your domain name. It not only helps your customers remember but also helps you appear professional.
- Keep Your Social Media Handles Consistent with Your Domain Name: It doesn’t matter if you don’t plan to use your social media handles anytime soon. Nevertheless, you should register them with the same name as your domain. This way you will have uniformity across all your accounts, should you wish to use them in the future.
- Build an Email List:The most important tool in internet marketing is a well-maintained email list. You can use free tools such as MailChimp and use every opportunity to build your email list.
- Get an Under Construction Page:When you have a page that says your website is under construction, you can appear like someone who is active online. You can also use it as a platform to publish the live date and ask visitors to signup for updates. This too will help you build an email list.
- Setup Your Domain’s “Blank” Version:Www has become so synonymous with web addresses that people almost automatically punch it as prefix to a website. However, if you are using something other than www, then make sure it redirects to your website.
- Track your Progress:Be sure to add your website to Google Analytics and Google Search Console to get site performance data. Tracking will help you channel your marketing initiatives in the right direction.
If you are looking for a reliable domain registration company in Bangalore that offers turnkey services, then look no further because DynoHost is the ultimate choice.